- NEW – POWELL FIELD SURVEY: Hockey ACT as seeking feedback on the playing surface of the Powell Field. Please pass the attached survey on to your club members for completion and return it to Hockey ACT by Friday 29th August.
- NEW – FRIENDLY FACILITIES REMINDER: With the end of the season fast approaching, Hockey ACT would like to remind all our teams to celebrate responsibly. Please remember that alcohol is not to be bought onto the premises, and that if you are having a few celebratory drinks, you drink responsibly and organise safe transport home from the National Hockey Centre. Hockey ACT is a Good Sports Club > MORE INFO
- NEW – UPDATE RESULTS: There are a number teams that have not submitted their results for the club competition. Please ensure all results are updated to ensure tables are accurate ahead of finals.
- NEW – SUMMER COMPETITIONS: Nominations for the Indoor and Social Competitions are now open. Please check the website for additional information.
- NEW – UMPIRE NOMINATIONS FOR FINALS: Hockey ACT has called for nominations for the umpires for finals. If you are interested in nominating, please contact > email@example.com.
- NEW – FINALS DRAWS: Finals draws (schedule) will be available by 5pm Monday 1st September. Please keep an eye on the website for the finals draws.
- RE-SCHEDULED GAMES: There are a large number of re-schedule games taking place at this time of year. Please make sure you check the Hockey ACT website and communicate with your club for any updates or changes to games times.
DEVELOPMENT & REP TEAMS –
- NEW – SCHOOLS – CHAMPIONSTIX NOMIATIONS: Nominations for the Summer ChampionStix are now open > MORE INFO
- HOOK IN2 HOCKEY MEETING: will be held on Tuesday 2nd September at the National Hockey Centre, commencing at 6:00pm and concluding at 7pm. For more information please contact your Hook in2 Hockey Coordinator or Shelley Watson >firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACT INDOOR REPRESENTATIVE NOMINATIONS: Nominations for all ACT Indoor Representative Teams are now open. Please check the website for more details.
- SAVE THE DATE: The Brophy and McKay Medal Presentation Dinner will be held on Tuesday 16th September, 2014 at the Belconnen Labor Club. Invitations have now been sent to all Club Executives. RSVPs will be due back to the Hockey ACT Office on Friday 6thSeptember, so start planning now!
COMMUNICATIONS & PROMOTION –
- FACEBOOK PAGE: Hockey ACT Facebook Page is undergoing a re-furbish. Make sure you check out our page for all the latest information regarding hockey in the Canberra community > Hockey ACT Facebook
- HUMAN INTEREST STORIES: Hockey ACT has been approached by both The Canberra Times and The Chronicle regarding “human interest” stories within our competition. If your club has any story ideas, please contact Kathleen McCaskie with your idea and background information, and contact details for those involved > kathleen.mccaskie@hockeyact.
- THE CHRONICLE STORY IDEAS: Hockey ACT is seeking local hockey story ideas to submit each week to The Chronicle newspaper. These stories are aimed at providing community stories about amateur sport not professional success such as: notching up 300 games for their club, a great bit of sportsmanship, an extraordinary young team, a player that has come back from injury or sickness to lace the boots up again, a team that may not be the best but accommodates others and has overcome difficulties, even a diehard fan/clubman. These stories will be submitted on Tuesday afternoon each week. If you have any suggested stories please email >Kathleen.mccaskie@hockeyact.
- NEW – NAMING RIGHTS FOR AHL TEAMS: The 2014 ACT AHL team names have been officially announced – The men’s team will be named “Rams Home Loan Canberra Lakers” and the women’s team will be named “Canberra Labor Club Strikers”! Hockey ACT would like to thanks Rams ACT North and Parkhill Financial Group of their support of the Lakers and the Canberra Labor Club for their on-going support of the Strikers.
- RAMS ACT NORTH HOCKEY PROMOTION: At RAMS we want to support ACT Hockey players by giving you $300 to use towards your or your children’s hockey club registration fees. Simply apply for and settle a RAMS home loan between 17th July 2014 and 31st December 2014 through RAMS ACT North