11 May, 2015 – The Canberra Times
Top of the table Capital League 1 women’s match ends in 1-1 draw
Rebecca Sneskov and Kate Dooley make a tackle on Tuggeranong player
Tonina Staunton makes a pass
Sophie Rodda tussles with Tuggeranong player.
6th September, 2014 – The Canberra Times
4th September, 2014 – The Canberra Times
31st August, 2014 – The Canberra Times
3rd August, 2014
1st August, 2014 – The Canberra Times
4th May, 2014
23rd April, 2014
PARKHILL FINANCIAL GROUP CAPITAL LEAGUE 1 FINALS SERIES
Hockey ACT would like to thank Parkhill Financial Group for their on-going support of hockey in Canberra as our major sponsor of the 2014 Capital League 1 finals series. There was plenty of excitement over the weekend in both the men’s and women’s semi-finals with Central men and St Pat’s women booking their place in the Grand Final, both teams aiming for back to back premierships. In the minor semi-finals, Checks overcame United and will face-off against Goulburn on Saturday afternoon, while Central defeated ANU and will meet Tuggeranong on Sunday afternoon. See the results from last weekend, and the match schedule for the Parkhill Finanical Group Capital League 1 Finals Series this weekend >
RESULTS Saturday 6th September
Major – Central 5 defeat Goulburn 4
Central Scorers: M. Hotchkis; J. Donohoe; R. Howson; C. Jorgensen 2
Goulburn Scorers: G. Turner; T. Devlin; D. Roberson; J. Staines
Minor – OCHC 4 defeat United 0
OCHC Scorers: S. Onitiri; N. Escude 2; S. Donoso de Paz
United Scorers: –
RESULTS Sunday 7th September
Major – St Pats 5 defeat TVWHC 0
St Pats Scorers: M. Evans 2; E. Mathieson; L. Gray; A. Price
Minor – Central 5 defeat ANU 2
Central Scorers: K. Bunt; K. Dooley 2; T. Staunton; I. Apps
ANU Scorers: S. Watson; J. Cartwright
SCHEDULE Saturday 13th September
MEN – 3:45pm Goulburn v Old Canberrans
Sunday 14th September
WOMEN – 3:45pm Tuggeranong Vikings v Central
- NEW – JUNIOR SEMI-FINAL DRAWS: The junior semi-finals draws have now been complete and can be found on the Hockey ACT website. Please note, Under 18-1 and Under 15-1 semi-finals resulting in a draw at full-time will go in to a penalty shootout. Please ensure you have a thorough understanding of these rules prior to the commencement of the game.
- NEW – SENIOR PRELIMINARY-FINALS DRAWS: The senior preliminary-finals draws have now been completed and can be found on the Hockey ACT website. A reminder that all finals ending in a draw at full-time will go in to a penal shoot out.
- NEW – GRAND FINAL DRAWS: Hockey ACT will endeavour to have all draws for the Junior and Senior Grand Finals available on the Hockey ACT website by 5pm Monday 15th September. Please be patient during this time as we finalise the match schedules for all grades and ensure we limit disruptions and clashes for clubs over the weekend.
- NEW – CLUB FEE PAYMENTS: Due to the customer numbers over the Grand Finals weekend, club fees will not be accepted at the bar or canteen during that period. For people wanting to use that facility they will need to be all sorted by the end of next weekend.
- REMINDER – TRAINING REQUESTS: As teams finish their involvement with the competitions, we do ask that clubs confirm an cancellation to their trainings with the Facilities Manager John MacKinnon.
DEVELOPMENT & REP TEAMS –
- REMINDER – ACT INDOOR REPRESENTATIVE NOMINATIONS: Nominations for all ACT Indoor Representative Teams are now open. Open and Under 21 nominations will be closing 5pm on Friday 12th September with trials taking place on Saturday for the women (Open 9-10:30 and Under 21 10:30-12pm) and Sunday for the men (Open 9-10:30 and Under 21 10:30-12pm). Please check the website for more information > CLICK HERE
- SCHOOLS – CHAMPIONSTIX NOMIATIONS: Nominations for the Summer ChampionStix are now open > MORE INFO
- NEW – BROPHY AND MCKAY PRESENTATION NIGHT: Final RSVPs for the Brophy and McKay Medal Presentation Night are now due! Please remember all clubs will be charged for the tickets they are allocated regardless of use, however if you have not RSVP’d with names and any dietary requirements, we will assume your club is not attending the dinner. Final numbers must be confirmed with the Canberra Labor Club by 12-midday on Friday 12th September. No late RSVPs will be accepted after this date. Please contact your club or Hockey ACT for more information > email@example.com
- NEW – DUNCANS PLUMBING PROMOTION: As a proud supporter of Hockey ACT, Duncans Plumbing will be offering a FREE service of kitchen taps with every service call out > See attached Hockey ACT Promo #1
- NEW – POWERHOUSE PHYSIO PROMOTION: Finals special for both athletes and supporters – Quote this special to receive 30% off when booking a soft tissue or remedial massage. You will also receive a Powerhouse Physiotherapy Massage Loyalty card which can earn you a complimentary massage. Call 6262 5740 to book an appointment > CLICK HERE
- RAMS ACT NORTH HOCKEY PROMOTION: At RAMS we want to support ACT Hockey players by giving you $300 to use towards your or your children’s hockey club registration fees. Simply apply for and settle a RAMS home loan between 17th July 2014 and 31st December 2014 through RAMS ACT North
COMMUNITY NOTICES –
· NEW – ST PATS TRAINING EQUIPMENT: St Pat’s have misplaced a blue backpack with at least 20 balls and 20 hats for training. If you have found this equipment, please contact Hockey ACT and we will pass it on the St Pats.